Friday, April 24, 2015

Hashem Had Other Plans...........

בס''ד
Life holds many surprises and my surprise came on Thursday, April 2nd, a day before liel seder [seder night]. 

I hadn't been feeling well for a couple of days earlier and the doctor said I had bronchitis. During the night I was choking so badly, I went back to the doctor Thursday morning even though I didn't really have time. I still had a couple of small jobs to finish before I could start cooking for Pesach.

Well Hashem had other plans for me.

The doctor told the nurse to do a cardiogram and check my blood pressure. 

After checking the results he told me that he was calling an ambulance and sending me to Soroka Hospital.

Would you believe that I argued with him that I didn't want to go.....

The nurse said that I didn't have a choice and called the ambulance.

In the ambulance I had terrible chest pain. The driver put on the siren.

From Netivot it takes about 30 minutes normal driving to the hospital. The ambulance took about 15 minutes.

I must start by saying the care I received in Soroka was superb. The doctors and nurses were professional and showed much kindness.

Since my Hebrew is very limited, the staff went out of their way to speak English. 

Avraham called our children. Our chayal grandson was in Beer Sheva on his way home. He came to the hospital and stayed until his parent's came to the hospital.

In the emergency room I had a very serious heart attack. I was admitted to the cardiac ICU. 

At that point life was a blur. The next thing I knew, I was transferred to the cardiac catheterization room for a stent to be inserted. The procedure took 50 minutes but it seemed forever.

Back to my room in the ICU, the nurses did everything possible to make me comfortable including speaking English. 

So much for my plans for the day. By now it was late and Avraham was exhausted. He had to go home. Pesach was the next day and he had to finish the house, do laundry and make chraine.

Friday was a nightmare in my house. Hashem gave Avraham and Eli-Chaim the strength to finish everything. Devorah sent them delicious food.

My daughter Naomi asked the doctor for permission to make a little seder for me in my hospital room. He said sure.

When Hashem plans, He plans everything. Naomi heard about an apartment near the hospital from someone on her kibbutz in the Gush and was able to rent the apartment for Shabbat.The girls who live in the apartment are students and had gone home for Pesach. One of the girls lives in my Yishuv and she was able to get the key when she drove Avraham home. Hashem's Hand at work.

Baruch Hashem Naomi, Eliezer and their five sons spent Shabbat with me and gave me a beautiful Seder and Shabbat.

When I saw the doctor Sunday morning I thanked him for giving Naomi permission for the seder.  He said to me, “for sure your children making you a seder was better medicine than anything I am giving you”.. 

Four days later I came home.  The doctor told me that I have a new birthday, April 2nd. Hashem granted me the Bracha of life.

My family has been fantastic. Naomi filled the freezer with a variety of delicious fleishic meals. Devorah made us soups, kugels, cakes and basically whatever I asked her for. Yesterday, Hagai bar b'qued a variety of meat for us for supper and another meal for freezing.. Devorah also has been handling all my appointments. So many phone calls to make. Eli-Chaim has been at my beck and call.

Avraham has been fabulous and has become the "chief cook and bottle washer" handling everything from laundry to washing the house and everything in between. 

The most surprising friend in my house is my sweet 4 legged friend Patches. She has attached herself to my hip. Since I came home she has not let me of her sight. She lies quietly in my bed next to me. When I go to the bathroom or take a shower she parks herself outside the door.

Last week I had a doctor's appointment. Eli-Chaim told me she looked out the window and cried all the time I was gone. He couldn't distract her. When I came home she jumped on me as if I was gone for a year.

Patches has proven herself to be a loyal friend.

Today is three weeks since my heart attack. Baruch Hashem I am getting stronger every day, but I still get tired very easily.

I want to thank everyone for your tefilla and good wishes. I am so touched about the amount of inquiries.  May HaKadosh Baruch Hu grant each of you many Brachot.

We are now in the Hebrew month of Iyar which is known as the month of healing. Iyar is an acronym for "I am G-d your healer" Exodus 15:26. May all who are sick have a refua shelaima.

Until next time........
Please feel free to comment and share.

Shabbat Shalom!

Miriam            

16 comments:

  1. We your friends thank Hashem for saving your life, because doubtless you have MANY more things to achieve here 'ad 120!" May you live to RUN with us to receive Moshiach in superb health! May your heart heal itself to a great degree so that you can return to your normal life even if you must curtail certain activities (like your teaching.) Don't push yourself. Healing from a major heart attack takes ages-- my husband's 'been there; done that.' The main thing is B'H you are still with us, Baruch Hashem. LOVE YOU <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam, I can now say that I was scared for you and for your children and grandchildren, and for us. Baruch Hashem, He knew that you were still needed very badly in this world, with your kind and thoughtful words, your posts that bring joy to people's hearts, with deeds yet to be done. I wish you long, healthy, happy years to keep adding light to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baruch HaShem you're feeling better. Sara and I have never met you or Avraham but through FB we feel as if we know you. Inspiring to hear how the family pitch in to assume needed roles, especially Patches (we have 4 dogs). All the best and wishing you a complete recovery.
    Yossi and Sara Shomron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to repeat what i said on FB. B'H, Miriam. Thank you for sharing your "ordeal" "adventure" "experience" We are SO glad to hear that you are recovering and getting better and stronger every day. What a blessing your family (incl. Patches :) ) was/is to you. A big Shabbat Shalom to you, Avraham and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baruch HaShem you're feeling better. Glad to hear of everyone assuming needed roles while you rest and especially Patches' loyalty (we have 4 dogs). Wishing you a refuah sheima.
    Yossi and Sara Shomron - Nitzan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miriam, I was just as shocked as everyone else when I heard the news and now, I am just as relieved and grateful to HKBH that he spared you and healed you. Yo still have "work" to do here, to bless others just by your "being". So many people in addition to your family (goes without speaking) love and care about you. You have no idea how far your "sphere of influence" extends. May you live and be well ad 120 in good health, in joy, in nachas, in LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miriam, welcome "home". Your extended family (us) are so happy that HaShem has given you another opportunity to share your love of Him to the world. May you live and be well ad 120 in good health, joy, nachat, and love! And your "sphere of influence" continue to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. May you and yours be well and healthy and safe always....I have 2 dogs and 3 cats at present. When I had major brain surgery, one of my cats (who has sinced passed due to his age) never left my side.
    May I suggest that the meat dishes be removed from your diet? I realize that it is rude to say so. But the animal that you love, Patches, would never be slaughter by us. So why do we feel it is acceptable to slaughter and eat other animals that Hashem has created in such perfection?
    Again, may you and yours be blessed with good health and a complete recovery...Please eat your fruits and veggies in good health.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness, what an ordeal!!!! I was so sorry to hear about your heart attack and so relieved to hear that you are okay. How wonderful of your family to come through so well for you.
    Arthur and I wish you well.
    much love,
    Cheryll

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful so Beautiful reading your blog. Hilary and i had tears in our eyes. Hashem came through. And why not, one of the best Miriam. We prayed long and hard, our prayers were answered. May you have a full and quick recovery. Love and SHABBAT SHALOM to you, Avraham and all your wonderful Family..

    Leon

    ReplyDelete
  11. We were so so worried about you. I am so so so so so so so happy that you are feeling better and getting stronger. We all knew and know you have an amazing family and that they are taking care of you! Avraham was so wonderful to come and post how you were doing and still we couldn't wait to hear from you! Sending love and hugs and prayers of thanks that you are healing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So unbelievably wonderful to see this post! Miriam, we are glad you are feeling well enough to post, and wish you a complete and speedy recovery. Hashem has given you the gift of life, and this IS the month where He reiterates "Ani Hashem Rofecha" - I (G-d) am your Healer. May we continue to see His miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No need to thank your family. We are only giving back a drop in the sea of what you and daddy have given us throughout the years.
    May Hashem grant you and daddy happiness, good health and strength for MANY MANY more years.
    We love you!
    Devorah

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a scary experience. After not seeing you online for a bit I had begun to worry then came Avraham's notice on FB. Of course we started saying tehillim and had you in our Tefillot as I am sure all you family a friends also did. How strange even though we have never met in person I worried for you. I/we are so glad you are on your way to getting well. Good to have you back. Stay well IY"H Meyer

    ReplyDelete
  15. so so happy to read ...i'll be in iשsrael the 2 last. weeks of may, and hope to be able to meet you and avraham...so feel free to be better and better , B"H ....shavoua tov

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dearest Miriam,
    I am so very very happy that you are with us; tears are running down my cheeks. I wish you a very speedy and complete recovery, and blessings to you and your wonderful family. Lots of kisses and hugs, Reesa

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog.