Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Can You Believe That.............

בס''ד
Moadim L'Simcha
Can you believe that Pesach is more than half over. Just last Tuesday I was finishing the final jobs to have a kosher for Pesach home. This morning, I started cooking and freezing for the end day and Shabbat.

Seems to me that I am always in the kitchen either cooking, eating [I do a lot of that on Pesach] or washing dishes. The cycle just repeats itself day in and day out.

Now don't get me wrong, I am very thankful that I have who to cook for, but it would be real nice if for just one meal I could sit down, close my eyes, wish for a great meal and viola it appears on my plate.

After I enjoy every mouthful of this delicious meal I clap my hands three times and the dishes wash themselves.

Oh well, It was fun dreaming.....

By the way, dreams sometimes do come true.

Have a great Chag and Shabbat Shalom.

Until next time...feel free to comment and share.
Miriam

P.S. If you are looking for a couple of great non kitniyot recipes, please have a look at my blog 'From Miriam's Kitchen'. I posted recipes for Pesachdik bourkas and chocolate chip cookies.   http://miriamsrecipes.blogspot.com/ 

4 comments:

  1. Shalom!
    My dream came mostly true when my Grandmother paid for most of a dishwasher. Of course it doesn't do ALL the cleaning, but when I turn it on I say, "Ah! The sound of someone else doing my dishes..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never seems fair that Pesach is just a week, after so much preparation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miriam, I can sincerely relate to what you have written. When my mother a'h was alive, we used to go to my parents' place and she would do most of the work. Now, with the passage of time, it is us boobies/saftas who get the privilege of serving our families. G-d willing, the day will soon come that we can be the true Queens of our homes and we won't have to exert much energy for anything other than praising Hashem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shavuah Tov, Miriam!

    When reading your blog, I really got a kick out of your dream. To sit down, order,
    be served, and NOT to get up several times and then have to clean it up. Hmmm. Didn’t
    know that my dream was being shared…J Enjoy.


    Judi

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog.